Expert Witness & Litigation Support
As specialists in personal property, we have longstanding experience in litigation support, providing expert witness services, identification and valuation of personal property, documentation of fraud and appraisal review. We have worked on hundreds of damage and loss claims involving theft, moisture, mold, smoke and/or fire damage, and seek to maintain a balanced plaintiff/defense caseload. A well-written, well-supported, truthful report can help resolve legal disputes fairly and efficiently, often before going to trial, saving time and costs for all parties involved.
Nancy Martin has more than 20 years of experience in court testimony, deposition and mediation, and is a qualified expert witness. In addition to American Society of Appraisers Accredited Senior Appraiser designations in Residential Contents and in Antiques and Decorative Arts, she holds a senior designation in the relatively new field of Appraisal Review and Management.
The advantages of hiring Nancy Martin & Associates for expert witness and litigation support work include:
- Our extensive experience with case evaluation, complex issues and collaborative projects
- Our appraisals meet USPAP standards
- We are prepared to perform objective reviews of other appraisal reports for compliance with typical practice and USPAP standard of care
- We are adept at explaining complex concepts in straightforward terms
- Nancy Martin has testified more than 20 times as an expert witness and participated in over 40 mediations and EUOs
- Nancy Martin was a course developer, adjunct faculty member and advisor for 10 years in the University of California Irvine Appraisal Studies Program through the auspices of the American Society of Appraisers