More than 30 years’ expert-witness experience providing unbiased and substantiated personal property valuation and consultation services. Identification and valuation of residential contents, antiques, silver, furniture, decorative arts, fashion and collectibles. Collaboration with specialized experts in fine art, jewelry, automobiles, ethnic artifacts, antiquities, rugs, books, stamps, etc.
- Extensive experience with complex valuation issues, file review and case evaluation.
- Appraisal Review: unbiased USPAP Standards 3 and 4 reviews addressing compliance with the federally mandated minimum standard of care for valuation services.
- Meets or exceeds USPAP standards requirements and IRS Qualified Appraiser requirements.
- Qualified: Superior Court of California.
- Testified 22 times as an expert witness at deposition and trial; participated in more than 40 mediations and arbitrations.
- Course developer, adjunct faculty member and advisor (10 years): University of California Irvine Appraisal Studies Program.
- Adept at explaining complex concepts in layman’s terms.
In addition to litigation support and expert-witness services, Nancy Martin prepares appraisal reviews and case evaluations for tax issues, loss claims, diminution of value, marital dissolution, fraud, and other disputes involving personal property.
Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers: Residential Contents, Antiques and Decorative Arts, and Appraisal Review and Management.
Primary Areas of Expertise:
- Identification and valuation of personal property.
- Personal property valuation theory, methodology, typical practice, and standard of care.
- Collaboration with outside experts.